Wednesday, January 18, 2012

lucky 11, the second

okay loyal followers, now for eleven random tidbits about myself and my life. brace yourself for some real fun!

1- When I was in grade six I had a Danish pen pal by the name of Iben Onsberg. I have unsuccesfully tried to find her on facebook. She sent me wonderful gifts including these diamond shaped salted black licorice candies unlike anything produced in Canada that I still love today.

2- I have never been to a country outside the US and canada! I believe this to be a shame. Thanks to his performance in touring bands, B. has been to many european countries, so I consider myself cultured only by association.

3- When I was in high school I wanted to become either a writer or an independent fashion designer. I then realized I wasn't all that good of a writer but I'm still not sure what happened to all that gumption I had to be a fashion designer. I guess I'm not all that trendy, either, but I love to sew (something I do rarely these days, much to my dismay.)

4- I moved to Montreal to be with B. when I was 19 after dating him for 5 weeks and then being away from him for four months. I'm pretty much a hopeless romantic.

5- I am a base brat. My dad was in the military until I was 18 and my family lived in PMQs (private military quarters, i believe) until I was almost 13. I'm not sure what this says about me really, but I'm sure it has both positive and negative ramifications on my life.

6- The summer before I turned eight, I gave the queen flowers. She was wearing a turquoise dress with white polka dots. My mom is really into royalty so I knew it was a pretty big deal for the queen to be visiting Victoria (where we lived at the time) for the 1994 Commonwealth games. I took about six pictures of her before finally being dragged away by security.

7- When I was fifteen I was in a community theatre production of Les Miserables. It was wonderful. I did a lot of theatre in my early teen years and I really wish i had stuck with it a little more.

8- B. and I have two cats, the older one Halo (short for halloween) has been with us for about 6 years and Juno (short for jupiter) came to us only this past summer. I can't imagine any home of mine without a little animal in it.

9- My favourite music is soul. Otis Redding, the Falcons, Sam Cooke, Percy Sledge, Wilson Pickett and Robert Ward are my go-tos for music that makes my soul melt like butter.

10- I collect kitchy things, and have a small collection of things I call 'pervy kitch.' It includes two light switches like this one, which I got from my grandparent's house when they died. I love them.

11- Sometimes, I kinda miss high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment