Monday, January 9, 2012

only in dreams

all of my intense dreams from the first trimester are back with a vengeance.

Last night, all I dreamt about were ultrasounds and baby names. It wasn't altogether a good dream, but it wasn't altogether a bad dream, either. During my ultrasound, which was incidentally conducted by an odd-ball friend of B.'s, it was found that the baby had problems with it's eyes. Specifically, it would be colour blind and have blind spots. The ultrasound technician didn't tell us the gender of our baby, but it was implied that it was going to be a boy, and in my dream, B. and I finally agreed on the name Toby, after which I kind of changed my mind and wished that I had pushed harder for Jack. I guess even in dreams, it's still my favourite boy name.

So, as my dream may reveal, B. and I are going (about 6 weeks late) for our 18-20 week ultrasound. I am nervous and excited and just hoping with all my heart that everything goes as planned. All I know is baby keeps kicking around in there, so that's a good sign.

Each day that passes is one day closer to having our own little babe about in the world and it is unbelievable. I've still got so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment