Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 7 - Winnipeg... pictures!

I just realized today is actually day 7! I missed day 6, sorry folks, maybe i'll write a random post for Kenora another day when I have a little more time.

As I said, we are finally out of Ontario and it is amazing how quickly the terrain changes once you are in Manitoba.

Exhibit A:

This was what it was like when we left Ontario, pretty ugly out, to be quite frank, and snowy, with grey skies of nothingness. Also pretty damp. Within about 50km, we started to see a world that looked more like this:

PRAIRIES! Now I grew up on the west coast but I lived in Saskatchewan until I was about six and a half. I have a lot of memories that are sort of hidden within my subconscious, and when I saw those skies and that unmistakable prairie landscape I started to cry. I'm talking big, wet, sloppy tears. It was incredible. It felt so good. I was elated. and I immediately texted my mother.
This is what I looked like once I wiped my tears away.

Not too puffy!
Now we're in Winnipeg and I'm so so happy but exhausted, both emotionally and physically. We toured around the city and did a little Christmas shopping about which I'm planning to post soon- stay tuned. In the meantime here are a few more random photos.



As you can see, Winnipeg is a beautiful city. These last two were taken in the Exchange District, which is the really pretty old area of town. Just beware, it looks sunny and wonderful but it's freeeeezing!

No comments:

Post a Comment